Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Artist

Saw an incredible movie today that has potential to be one of my favorite movies of all time.

It was so brilliant in so many different ways.  Great acting, characters you will fall in love with, music that really should be in the top billing as a character in the movie, dialog....

well... there is no dialog,

and to see it on a big widescreen screen in full color...

well it's in black and white not in widescreen.


This movie is The Artist and is a story about a silent film actor from late 20's.  When you say it's a silent black and white film I can see how that may turn you off but trust me it works and you will reach a point where you don't miss the dialog.  People always talk about no original ideas in movies and in a sense this isn't an original idea either because it's basically a silent film from the 20's, it just done to perfection.  There are so many scenes I wanna talk about but I don't want to spoil it for you, go in without knowing more than I've already said.  I will say that I love the sound of a film projector and with this movie it added that extra layer to it that I will definitely miss when I watch it in my living room.

If you are still on the fence: the dog in this movie should have been nominated for best supporting actor.


 Really hope you seek out this movie and that you will enjoy it as much as I did, plus as a bonus when it wins best picture at the Oscars you can say you actually saw it (admit it you never see the best picture winner).

No comments:

Post a Comment